CortinaBurnaby
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CortinaBurnaby

Message Board for Resident

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Is this forum still active?
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:23 am by ThatVelaFella

» Dripping noise when it rains
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 9:00 am by ckychin

» Fob Battery Replacement
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:51 am by superwoman

» Main water shut off in units?
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:02 pm by Pavss

» What can be recycled aside from paper and plastics?
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 pm by Peter

» Water Pressure of kitchen faucet
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:33 am by superwoman

» dog is barking at night
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 6:08 am by canada

» Community YArd Sale
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:25 am by MR.V

» Common Room in the Building
Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 am by sands

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of CortinaBurnaby on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CortinaBurnaby on your social bookmarking website
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mahdi

Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Empty
PostSubject: Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi to everyone. I am suggesting to buy a ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room (main floor). The table coast about $599 including shipment a good one which last long. We have the room for it so why not, also we can fold it when we have a meeting or so. Please reply me what you think. thanks.
There is a Website for your info.
http://www.robbinstabletenniscanada.com/canada-home-table-tennis-table.htm
Back to top Go down
Kevin

PostSubject: Re: Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:09 pm

I have no use for a ping pong table and do not support this idea. Besides our budget is already tight so we don't need this discretionary expense.

And don't you need a separate key to unlock this room (not the common area key)? So how would distributing the key work?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:21 pm

It is more practical to ask interested people to chip in.

The lighting of the recreation room is another issue.

How about putting it in the open area beside the recreation room and secure it with a chain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cortinaburnaby.info
Mahdi

PostSubject: hum   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:24 pm

To Kevin:
There are 3 issues 1. No use for you 2. budget 3. key distribution
1. I think you should try this game it's fun.
2. we can chip in I'll pay about $20
3. I don't see any problem to using the common area key. (It's not higher profile than storage rooms). Hum. cheers
Back to top Go down
manoli

PostSubject: Re: Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:39 pm

I don't agree with getting a ping pong table for the open room - I think it would be better suited for the closed door room.

The noise that a ping pong table in the room will generate will most likely disturb residence of the units closest to the open room.

Who is going to ensure that residence and their visiting family/friends are not using this room at an unsuitable hour ?
Residence cannot even be respectful enough of the units nearest the mail room, elevator and the open room when coming in and out of the side door -a ping pong table will only increase the noise level.
Back to top Go down
Kam

PostSubject: no ping pong table   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 7:20 am

I appreciate the idea of making use of the rec room ( with a ping pong). However, at this time I would have to agree that it would be a noise issue for the residence of the main floor.
Back to top Go down
Rampee

PostSubject: PING PONG   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:57 am

potential damage to walls/paint
key to MPR is not available to all - how to regulate key use & raises more security issues (door to outside cannot be controlled if multiple keys are issued etc)
potential cost - not suitable to all residents
lighting is very poor in MPR
thanks for the suggestion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room   Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ping pong table (foldable) for our empty recreation room
Page 1 of 1